Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The End of Another Semester

Ah, my last blog post of the semester. I won’t lie to you, I’m so glad to be done blogging! There’s nothing like the obligation to write something to send my muse running for the hills. After this semester is over, I’ll be lucky if she ever finds her way back. Maybe I can use that excuse to get out of writing Christmas cards this year. Anyway, I know I’m not the most talkative person but I just wanted to say it has been a fun semester. Wait, no, it’s been terrible semester because I’m a fool and took 4 classes. But aside from that, this has been a fun group to work with. Lots of laughs, accompanied with the occasional moment of total panic. What more could you ask for?

As for blogs, I like them. I just don’t like writing them. More specifically, I love the world they open up to me. There's a lot of incredibly smart people out there and usually you can only read their writings in very scholarly, professional books and articles. But every now and then I'll stumble across a blog doing something crazy like analyzing the theoretical physics of one of my favorite video games. I'm sorry, but that's entirely too awesome. (Also, I'm a huge geek!)

Wikis... interface quirks aside, I think I can safely say I'm a fan. Working together on the Mooresville wiki really turned out well. I'm not sold on the class wiki though. It worked well enough, but I can't help but feel using forum software would of kept things more organized and easy to follow. It's entirely possible this is due to the much larger amount of time I've sent on forums than wikis though. Generally speaking, I'm with Dr. Ball when it comes to using web-based applications. You just can't argue with that kind of convenience.

I'm sure I'll see most of you around campus from time to time!
- Joe

1 comment:

Mary Alice Ball said...

Good luck, Joe. Stop by the SLIS office if you ever want to chat face to face. :-)